Thursday, May 1, 2008

Introduction

So this is the start of my music blog. Here I hope to cover a wide variety of music and hopefully introduce people to bands they havn't heard about. I know that musical taste is dependant upon the palate of the person listening. So I can understand if my opinion will differ. Also know that as I go on my tastes and style evolve a little more. I'm sure everyone has expierenced it. Bands or sounds we enjoyed when we were younger now seem more foriegn. I think that music and if one likes it is often dependant upon on your state in life when you hear the song. So music that you like or enjoy more when your upbeat is going to be different from when your depressed.

Though the years I've gained access to some Advance CD's from various recordstore sales, yard sales, and flea markets. So if I do cover something of such know that it will be available soon. The other thing is I want to give more attention to local bands and unsigned acts. Recently a band I like called Flobots ( www.flobots.com/media ) has been signed and they have a bright and wonderful future in front of them. Another artist named Improv ( http://www.myspace.com/improvmusic ) keeps pushing along. Both I like equally however I do like to root for the underdog. So if you get tired of me about one artist or band at least understand I want to share what these people have created.

1 comment:

Aspen said...

Right, so the rating system is completely meaningless and _totally_ rock star! Far, far too many singles though - seriously. I want more critique and less description; feed me intriguing opinion and ostentatious analysis. Honestly, a great start though. :) Except that Rednex is fabulous fun and did not deserve your elitist write-off.